Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November 13 - Final Day

We left at 12:30 am on our 42.79 mile trek to the border. The morning hours in the dark were cool and we made really good time. Everyone was giddy with excitement that didn't seem to wear off. Smooth's prints were in the dirt an he stayed ahead of the five of us for most of the day. The border patrol activity increased the closer we got to the border, but no one hassled us on our way south. We caught Smooth with 12 miles to go before the terminus and started hiking with him in our southbound train. 

We reached the Southern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail at 4:15 pm today the 13th of November 2013.

I am now in San Diego, a little overwhelmed by the noise and the speed of everything. My belly is full and I am not thirsty and searching for my next water source. I have a comfortable bed for the night and a day at the beach planned. The days that I spent hiking will forever be a part of me I won't forget. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We have enjoyed reading your posts. Sherrie A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jordan. What an incredible journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! What an accomplishment..and you so young!

    ReplyDelete