Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 1

Leaving at 5 am from Missoula, MT for Harts Pass, WA to start my southbound thru hike of the Pacific Crest Trail.  You can follow my progress on blogger at jordanhikes.blogspot.com

If anyone is interested in sending a care package they will be welcome gifts! A few of my favorite things are cookies, dried fruit, dry soup, cookies, chips, jerky, and cookies. :)

Please contact me before anything is sent so we can make sure I will be around to pick up your cookies.

A little note for the day ahead. The trailhead from harts pass is at mile 2630 and I am hoping to make mile 2646 before dark tonight to set me up for a run to monument 78 at 2660 and the US-Canada border tomorrow. From there i start the sobo hike. This is all providing snow doesn't slow me down... I guess I will find out quick how conditions are.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jor- Sorry I didn't get to say good bye, I didn't realize you were leaving at 0 dark thirty. I'm glad you are keeping a blog, it will be fun to follow your progress. I'm so impressed with this undertaking! You aren't going over the Donnor Pass, are you? Be safe, and have an awesome time! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW...Jordan...Is that on the way to Duck Lake? You need to come this way again! Will you be showing a map? Anyone on the hike with you? Be safe...from bears...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome, I'm super jealous.. :-D

    How are you updating this blog? Where do you get internet access?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, not-so-little brother! I'm glad you're keeping a blog! And I will think about which recipe of cookies to send...! ;)

    ReplyDelete