Monday, July 22, 2013

July 19

Fueled by dreams of a cheeseburger, we hiked the fastest 4 miles anyone has hiked to get to the road for a hitch into Skykomish. Found someone willing to pick up PCT hikers thanks to Louis's sign. He said he won't stop for regular hitchhikers but PCT guys are different.

I chowed down a loaded double bacon cheeseburger, half a bag of potato chips, an apple, a Butterfinger bar all at 11:00 A.M. There was no doubt in Skykomish that PCT hikers were in town and they pointed us to a pre-made sign that read "PCT HIKER NEEDS RIDE BACK TO STEVEN'S  PASS" to use for our return hitch. 

Went to the post office for my resupply packages. Which were huge! Louis and I devoured a box of cookies and cream chocolate, and the French side got the best of him when he saw that I did in fact have Nutella. I worked on finishing my package of gummy bears as we headed for the library. Then I uploaded my pictures to Flickr, which I'm kind of unsure as to how it works and I'm mainly interested in using it as a backup for all my pictures. My Flickr account is jordanpnelson if anyone knows how to use that monster and wants to see the pictures.

After an ice cream cone and Louis finishing his resupply, we grabbed the sign from Sky Deli and stood out by the road. 10 minutes later we had a ride and were at the trail by 4:05 hiking. We made it 8.5 miles in 3 hours and 10 minutes thanks to burger power. Big day ahead of us tomorrow and possibly a treacherous ford, I'm turning in.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Jordan! What an experience!!!! Still waiting for you to tell us where we can send you some resupply packages and what you would like. We could even send something special to your French buddy. Like maybe some french fries from McDonalds or something!!! :) You take care of yourself! Think of you everyday! :) G & G Bob

    ReplyDelete