Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 24

We left camp this morning aware of a 12 mile waterless section and the overall lack of runoff water that we all are so accustomed to. The awareness and planning paid off as no one had problems with running out of water, and we finished with a 19 mile day. My pack is a little lighter on food than I would like it to be at this point and this pace, but it's easily manageable and there are 5 other hikers in this group. Four out of those five have way too much food as it is and are handing it out every time we camp so I am confident there won't be a problem. 

Mt. Rainier is becoming more and more visible and massive as we are hiking closer. Louis and I had lunch at a spot on top of a small mountain called "Blowout Mountain" with 360 degree views of where we've been and what is to come. The weather has been incredible, and I hope it continues to be the case as it lends itself in that way to enjoyable hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment