Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 26

Hiked another 24 miles today after a 26 yesterday. I'm feeling the mileage, hopefully soon I'll be used to it. I met quite a few section hikers and the first true northbound thru-hiker that I've seen. July isn't even over and he's already up here... Good for you Wind Warrior! 

I'm camped next to a couple that are around their 70's named Adam and Eve. They're finishing up this section headed the same way I am. They offered to give me a ride into Packwood if I need it. I might do that just so I can mail my ice axe and hiking crampons home. Everyone I've talked to said what little snow is left on the next few sections is easily managed without the gear, so at this point it's just going to be extra weight.

I am so excited for a town day tomorrow and especially for cookies from Jessie Sumners!  Can't wait to eat them, and a drink a quart of milk. I've been craving milk this last section I think it's a lack of calcium in my diet, I get everything else pretty regularly.

1 comment:

  1. You know, Jordan, it's like the Broccoli Salad I always purchased from the deli when I knew you were coming and you thought it was homaid. Adam and Eve are Really Me and Grampa Bob!!!!! I just didn't want you to be embarrassed when you found out much later that it was really us! Now give us an address and we'll start filling the box you mentioned! HUGS to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete