Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 13

In the morning I caught the boat back to Stehekin, and spent the day lounging around the small trail/tourist town eating at their famous bakery and enjoying the sunshine. I took the last shuttle ride to the trailhead, and at 6:15p headed back down the trail I started on two days previous. Five miles in there is a good campsite and I have camped for the night. This will set me up for 3 days of at least 25 miles per day and a fourth with just a few less to Skykomish. In my haste to leave the other day, I left my rope I use for hanging food and scented items. I will go by that spot in the morning and see if it's there. If not, like tonight, I can use my rain gear as a makeshift "bear vault" that locks in the scent. Should work just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment