Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 16

We had a great day of hiking today. Louis and I keep about the same pace throughout the day. He does the lunch and rest thing in the day which has been helping me slow down a bit and not try like I have been to hike the whole PCT in a day. I help him speed up a bit as he said he was ready to do after getting in shape for the first few days.

We had one tough pass today, again slogging up a snowy north face, but nothing dangerous like the other day on Firecreek. After that it was mostly downhill and we reached our designated campsite just before 6, hiking 16 miles and hardly breaking a sweat. Feels good to be in shape, if the blisters would heal on my feet it would make life that much better.

Really good campsite life tonight. Since we made it early, we made a fire to help save fuel. I cooked what I consider to be the best camp meal I've ever had so far. Hot pork ramen with black beans and a dash of garlic olive oil all mixed in together. Then a snickers bar dipped in peanut butter for dessert. That one is going to be tough to beat I feel like a gourmet chef. We also had a couple cups of tea, and chatted around the fire until the clouds finally did what they promised us they would, and opened up in a slow drizzle. I look forward to tomorrow, it looks like Thursday night I will have phone reception and Friday we will resupply in Skykomish and Baring.

No comments:

Post a Comment