Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 4

It was freezing cold again last night. Part of that is due to the elevation I chose to sleep at. On the bright side, my protein shake partially froze making it a perfect milkshake for the morning. I think I passed the couple sobo thru-hikers between Louis and myself this morning because their tracks disappeared from sight. I got word around 2:00 pm that Louis was a mile ahead of me, but was so hungry that I had to stop for lunch. It took me 45 minutes to eat my fill and feel ready to hike again. Once I did, I was able to catch Louis around 6:00 and we finished the day together. He had a campsite picked out that would put us up over Muir Pass and hopefully far enough down the other side tomorrow with an easy 23 mile day. We made it to the campsite late and I'm exhausted after a 31 mile day. My day included Silver Pass, Selden Pass and one more unnamed pass that requires recognition as it was a 1,800 ft. pull on its own. It was good to solo hike for a bit, but great to have company again. I'm also well ahead of schedule for my Tuesday noon resupply at Kearsarge Pass which means some easy, low 20 mile days ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment