Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 8

We hiked from our campsite to the top of Kearsarge Pass in the morning sun with a cool breeze. Once on top, I had reception for the first time in a week and received 13 text messages. Quite a few were from my dad who drove 1,100 miles hoping I would make the rendezvous we set up a week ago. We agreed on Tuesday at noon and I walked into the parking lot at 11:00 am. He did hike up a little way ad met Louis and me with cookies and fresh water. He had been trail angeling for PCT hikers for a day and a half and we met a few sobo hikers for the first time. Independence was a fantastic town stop, and one of the best in a long time thanks to my old man's effort in driving us to Bishop for resupply and driving hikers other than us around. 

We had dinner at a French restaurants with authentic food and atmosphere. We have a roof over our heads and showers for the night. It is really nice to spend a day out after the cold nights. I've heard the weather might turn a little tomorrow, but we will see when that comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment