Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 27

There was no sign of Louis at the Eagle Creek campsite, at least from my vantage point when I woke up this morning. It froze hard again last night but I was wrapped up in my rain gear over my sleeping clothes and wasn't cold at all. On the way to Highway 4 there was some sand that I left a message in writing for Louis to text me. I met some northbound hikers out on a short trip who were asking if I needed food, supplies or equipment and I told them to direct their attention to the hiker behind me with shin splints when they see him. I didn't have the trail completely to myself and met two more people headed north on separate occasions. Overall, it was a cool day but I did have the chance to air out my tent and sleeping bag from the frost and condensation from last night. I met two guys going south from Tahoe to Yosemite and we are camped near each other in separate campsites. 

Tomorrow I have the enormous Sonora Pass to climb over and will be over 11,000 ft. by the time the climbing is done for today. I need an early start as I want to get to mile 1,000 for my campsite tomorrow and am 28 miles away with a huge climb ahead of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment