Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 29

This morning I woke up to mean looking clouds gathering north of me. More clouds were moving in the general northern direction, but I could see blue sky to the south. Needless to say, I was a very motivated southbound hiker today. It was a chilly morning with the sun hidden, and I decided to put my solar panel away in my pack so the sun would come out. Which is what I did and exactly what happened. It was a perfect hiking day after that, with sun to warm the clothes and a steady breeze to keep cool. 

The terrain was crazy, however. Instead of the slow, gradual ups and downs there were vertical quad burners all day long. I would drop into a valley or canyon with nothing but granite walls surrounding me, then have to climb back out. It's absolutely beautiful country out here. I managed a 32 mile day despite the terrain and am exhausted. I had to get within 30 of Tuolumne Meadows so I could reach the store before it closes tomorrow, and am currently within 27 meaning I should reach it around 6:30 pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment