Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 6

Hiked to the Northern Terminus today! Felt so good to see Canada and sit in "no man's land" for a few minutes taking pictures and digging through the stash inside monument 78. I found the PCT register, put my name on it, and headed south. Now every step and every mile counts toward my thru-hike. I did 25 miles today, however only 3 of those miles were southbound on the trail.

Rock pass still has quite a bit of snow, and I was glad to have my hiking crampons and ice axe. I'm going to take an easy day tomorrow. There is a lake 3 miles ahead and a real nice campsite just passed rock pass. Probably looking at an 11 mile day being that it is Sunday.

I just went over my food situation and I have about 10 days worth which means I need to average 18.1 MPD in order to reach Skykomish for my re supply. If I'm below this I'll stop in Stehekin and grab a meal there.

It's been a really great adventure so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment